Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Organic children's clothes....


Environmentally-responsible or 'green' companies have been emerging more aggressively in the last few years. While shopping for a handful of items at Costco this afternoon, I stumbled across the most adorable childrens clothing like called Agabang--made completely of 100% organic cotton. The outfits were adorable, so I snatched up several for my sons and daughter and can't wait to put them on them. Interestingly, their website is a bit outdated--like almost a year. For a clothing manufacturer, that is forever, so I'm wondering what happened to this brand, and why the fall-off on a consumer web site?

As a PR person, my suggestion to Agabang in today's highly, socially-networked environment is:

* Keep your web site fresh and ever-changing. This encourages regular visits from your loyal and faithful legions of followers who always want the newest, hippest items and updates.

* Let the drumbeats roll--meaning keep the news cycle filled with interesting updates about new products/collections/lines and interesting philanthropies the company may be involved with--because everyone wants to know!

* Never ever let your website become too outdated--especially if you have a consumer brand. Hire a web guru to do minor updates at least once a month--it doesn't cost too much.

* Consider contributing to a blog or better yet, start one all on your own!

So alas, I'm off to wash and fold my new kids' attire, but will definitely drop the company a note to thank them for some really snazzy outfits for my kids, first.

No comments: